(19-21 March, Qatar)
Under the theme "Journalism at Risk: Safety and Professionalism in a Dangerous World", the IPI’s 2016 World Congress will focus on issues vital to press freedom and to IPI's members, including journalist safety and the challenges of producing quality journalism.
The Congress will address the major threats, challenges and concerns facing the media around the world and particularly in the Middle East, including:
• safety of journalists on dangerous assignments, including those covering Syria, ISIS and dramatic changes in the Arab World
• increased violence against journalists in countries that are not war zones
• online journalism in repressive countries
• online threats and cyber attacks on journalists, and other related topics such as impunity and responsibility of media houses for the safety of their staff
Dates: 19 - 21 March, 2016
Place: Doha, Qatar
Hosting Partner: Al Jazeera Media Network
(27-29 March, Myanmar)
Thank you for participating in the IPI World Congress 2015 in Yangon. This year some 270 participants from 45 countries joined the two-day programme dedicated to press freedom – not only in Myanmar, a country in the midst of transition with great potential for a more independent press – but around the globe.
- See the programme of the conference here (PDF file)
- List of participants is available for download (PDF file)
- Photos are available to view and for downloading on our Facebook page
We hope to see you at next year's Congress in Doha!
Dates for the IPI World Congress 2016 will be announced soon.